About the court

 The judicial district of the Regional Court – the town of Balchik covers the following locations: 
Balchik
Gourkovo
Kranevo
Lyahovo
Sokolovo
Hrabrovo
Bazvoditsa
Dropla
Kremena
Obrochiste
Senokos
Tsarichino
Bryastovo
Dubrava
resort"Albena"
Prespa
Strazhjitsa
Tsarkva
Bobovets
Zmeevo
Karvuna
Rogachevo
Trigortsi
 

Brief  history of the court

court.png

The first evidence of the existence of the judicial structure in the town of Balchik dated from the governance of Midhat Pasha, who took over as a governor the Danube province in 1868. Significant changes occurred in the judicial organization of Dobrudzha after his appointment. According to the law of the structure of the courts from 04.23.1869, in every village in Dobrudzha a council has acted, which had to reconcile the parties in the event of civil disputes. In Balchishka ‘kaza’ acted one kazaliysko court, this administratively belonged to Varna Sanjak / County/. Kazaliyskite courts acted as a court of the first instance. They decided civil disputes with claims of up to 1 000 pennies and criminal cases for offenses punishable by "zapping" from one day to a week and a fine of up to 100 pennies. In these cases, their decisions and judgments were final, while more severe cases were subject to appeal before the sandzhashkiya /county/ court.

А commercial court "Ticaret" is opened to solve a large number of cases usurious cases, after the Crimean War in the town of Balchik. The Turkish government suspended the consideration of cases before the commercial courts in Balchik and Varna in 1871. / From "The Report to the V-th  National Assembly," of  the Minister of Justice K. Stoilov, December 1888 CSA, 242 k F., op. 1 a. e. 11, n. 170 - 171. /

The Regional Court - Balchik exists since 1880. Alexander I Battenberg with Decree № 465 of August 15, 1880 established secular courts in the country, including in the town of Balchik. With the latter decree of Battenberg the Regional Court – the town of Balchik is closed.

According to data from the State Gazette - issue 68/1892 the Regional/ Secular court in Balchik worked in 1891 on a total of 126 cases, while next year the number increased to 880.  Mainly civil cases were considered - 118 number for 1891 and 2 698 the number of the next year. The rest are criminal cases. At the end of 1892 they were undone remaining 61 cases, of which 39 were civil and the rest - criminal. At this time justice of peace, in Balchik, was Ivan Merazov.

Local newspapers testified to significant reshuffle in the district court in the early 20th century. According to the newspaper "Rural courier" issue 33 of 21.6.1903, before this time former justice of the peace in Balchik was Stefan Stoynov.  The local justice of the peace Stoychev was dismissed in 1905 and in his place was appointed Il. Dishliev informed on 08.10.1905, at the newspaper „Strazh" issue 3. In 1909 the magistrate C. Dunbev left the court, and in his place was appointed a young lawyer Zl. Tzanev, states in the newspaper "Kuriera" issue 30, from 06.09.1909.  The next year Tzanev was moved to the same position in Varna, and instead appointed a young lawyer Ilia Petrushev. In 1911 the magistrate of Balchik Petrushev was moved to the same position in Varna, and in his place, by the Sofia District Court, came St. Hristov / the newspaper „Kuriera” issue  26, 19.10.1911 /.

In 1912, as a lawyer before the Petty Sessions Court - Balchik worked Todor Strashimirov. He was a representative of the civil plaintiff in one of the biggest criminal cases – a murder of a woman from the town of Balchik from her ex-husband.

Following the transfer of Southern Dobrudzha to Romania by Bucharest Treaty of 1913, the Petty Session Court in Balchik is liquidated as a structure of the Bulgarian judiciary. All unfinished, court files and papers were submitted to the III-rd Varna justice of the peace. This activity is carried out by specially sent by the Ministry of Justice delegates adopting the works of the Romanian authorities. The adoption of the cases from the Petty Sessions Courts from the town of Balchik and Kavarna is entrusted to Vladimir Zhelyazkov - Vice-Chairman of Stara Zagora District Court. According to his report the Romanian judges have refused to transmit cases in which a party is the Bulgarian State, Bulgarian National Bank or Agricultural Bank, private commercial cases in which the defendant lived in Bulgaria, and the record issued by him is payable in Romania, notary deeds for real estate dealt on the  Bulgarian territory, criminal and other.

A district court has been formed with competencies such as those in Romania in their county courts Act of 12/30/1907, and the Law on judicial organization of 04/10/1913. This court had jurisdiction to hear lawsuits only where its registered office is. The staff included a translator from Ottoman and Bulgarian language. Later judicial organization built on the provisions of the Law on Organisation of the Nova Dobrudzha on 01/04/1913, which provided local, district and Muslim courts in Silistra, Tutrakan, Dobrich and Balchik.

After the return of Southern Dobrudzha in the territory of Bulgaria during World War I in 1916 with Decree № 15 of 06/18/1917, King Ferdinand approved temporary rules on the judicial division of the newly acquired territory in Dobrudzha, Macedonia and Moravian Bulgaria. It found justice of the peace courts in each district center and appoint personnel, including in the Balchik region. The decree stipulated that cases of Balchik region within the jurisdiction of the district courts, as the first court jurisdiction of the Varna Regional Court and the second instance they are tried by the Russe Court of Appeals. Varna Regional Court as a second cassation fell within the jurisdiction of first instance cases of Balchik justice of the peace court.

After the final return of Southern Dobrudzha in September 1940 the General Assembly of the Russe Court of Appeal considered a prescription of 09.19.1940 of the Ministry of Justice for distribution of Southern Dobrudzha in legal terms. It set Dobrichka, Balchishka and Kasamska districts to be handed over to the Varna District Court. Hand-written telegram by the district judge "earned Honorable Ministry that today /04.10.1940 / Balchik district court is discovered and seconded court personnel entered the service." In the court were sent the Secretary of the Varna District Court, archivist, notary clerk and servant of Provadian district court.

By order № 34 of 03.12.1940, the total of executive sitting of the Varna District Court formed the regions of Dobrich, Balchik and Kavarna district courts. This distribution is maintained until 2/13/1941, when a decision of the Court of Appeal Rousse determined departments of the newly Dobrich Regional Court and district court in the city. Balchik passed to it.

The status of the district Court - Balchik remained with the Law on Spatial people's courts adopted by Parliament on 03.04.1948; the transformation was at the National Court -. Balchik, with the Law on Spatial people's courts from 1952.

In the period from 1952 to 1971 the court in Balchik functioned as a People's Court.

With the constitution of the People's Republic of Bulgaria from 05.18.1971, and by the time the court functions as a Regional Court.

 

  • Working time of judicial administration is from 8:30 to 17:00, with individuals from 9:00 to 17:00 nonstop.